Friday, March 2, 2007

Entry #1 in the Big Book: Here we are now. Entertain us.

I am calling myself the Pixie Pedagogue, the tiny teacher, but I have been doing precious little pedagogy lately.
I have been missing work, classes and student teaching; been generally deliquent in all duties. Except going to the doctor. And sleep. I've been on top of that shit. Lemme sum up, 3 words: upper respiratory infection.

Word for the Day:
cessation n. [se-sey-shuhn] : a temporary or complete stopping; discontinuance: a cessation of hostilities.

[Origin: 1350–1400; Latin cessātiōn- (s. of cessātiō) delay, inactivity, stoppage, equiv. to cessāt(us) ptp. of cessāre to delay, stop (cess(us) yielded, ceded (ced- cede + -tus ptp. suffix) + -ātus -ate1) + -iōn- -ion]
—Synonyms stop, halt, end, suspension, stay, recess.

~ Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.


As in: smoking cessation. Or what I'll be doing in a week.
Pray for me.

No comments: